Serve 4 people
Leek benefits - Good source of vitamin A,C, B1 and B6 and K. Also contain iron and Manganese
There is 2.7g of protein per 100g of rice
1.5g of protein per 100g of leek
1.5 cups of Arborio rice (risotto rice )
1lt of veg stock
2 garlic cloves
vegan butter (found at supermarkets)
1/4 cup fo white wine
Lemon juice half of a lemon
1. heat the stock if you have purchased it premade. If you are using stock powder add one teaspoon to each 250ml of boiling water this will need to be done 4 times to get one lt.
2. Put some oil in a on stick pot and add rice stir around for a few moment and then add the wine. Stir again and then add the first half a cup of stock.
3. Stir often so that it doesn't stick to the bottom. The whole bases of making risotto is stirring. As soon as the liquid has mostly evaporated put another half a cup. Keep doing this until you get to the last half a cup, add lemon juice. Stir it in.
4. when you get close to the end adding stock in a separate fry pan with vegan butter caramelise the leek, garlic and onion together.
5. Don't completely evaporate the last half a cup it should not be dry but also not runny. Add the caramelised leek mix to the risotto at the very end before serving. plus salt and pepper.
If you not vegan at stage 5 you can add 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese